Monday 6th June 2022
- Bookings for June’s “pop in / out” , Friday 24th, are already coming in. Here is a copy of the almost completed menu. Do get in touch if you would like more info or to book.
- This article, by Sierian Sumner, really caught my attention his weekend – looking forward to the summer “wasp” issue and how to manage alfresco situations.
- Fancy making some elderflower cordial? Here is my recipe – well worth a stroll to pick some flower heads…
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Thai chicken curry @ £6.90 per 360g (Cooked off the bone, free range chicken with lemon grass, ginger, basil, coconut etc)(dairy and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.90 per 380g (free range chicken, cooked on the bone with pancetta, shallots, button mushrooms and red wine, finished with cream)(gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, chick pea and spinach tagine @ £6.70 per 400g(order fresh or frozen)(vegan and wheat/gluten free)
- Mushroom and stilton tarlet @ £4.25 each(order fresh or frozen(approx 10cm diameter)
- New potato salad with a honey, mustard, mint and parsley dressing @ £2.20 per 240ml
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £3.15 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.80 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Raspberry and white chocolate brioche bread and butter pudding @ £6.80 each each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 9th June, later orders accepted but can’t guarantee I’ll have the stock
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 10th June, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.