Monday 25th April 2022
- The “pop in / out” menu will be published later today, Monday. Bookings for both are already coming in, so do get in touch if you would like to book. The date is Friday 20th May.
- This article about Angela Hartnett is great – if you don’t fancy reading the dialogue at the top scroll down to some amazing recipes, including her views on quiche (or tart) and a recipe for floating islands (very 70’s but I do remember having isles flottantes in a family run restaurant in the Alps in 2019 – definitley worth making if you want to wow some friends)
Cooking this week:
Plenty to choose from this week.
Weekly cooking will return the week commencing 9th of May with some alfresco options.
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Carrot, orange and ginger soup @ £2.95 per 450ml (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef lasagna @ £6.50 per 400g (made with a rich beef ragout, home made lasagna sheets and béchamel sauce))(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.90 per 350g (free range chicken, cooked on the bone in red wine with shallots, button mushrooms and pancetta, finished with cream)(gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.90 per 350g (free range chicken cooked on the bone in delicious coconut and fragrant Malay spices)(dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, chick pea and spinach tagine (delicious Moroccan spiced dish)(vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen) add some preserved lemon and pomegranate couscous @ £2.75 per person.
- Veggie lasagna @ £6.50 per 400g (puy lentils, sundried tomatoes and roasted veg with home-made lasagna sheets and béchamel sauce)(order fresh or frozen)
- Three mushroom and barley ragout @ £6.90 for 370g (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.95 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple and gooseberry crumble @ £6.80 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3, using last seasons Eynsham gooseberries)(order fresh only)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 28th April, later orders accepted but can’t guarantee I’ll have the stock
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 29th April, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.