Monday 28th March 2022
- This article in the Guardian asking for suggestions as to why restaurants serve bread at the beginning of the meal is fascinating. I think I’m with the French and Italian responses – to accompany the meal and soak up any sauces. I will learn from this and leave bread on the table from now on during meals 🙂
- Thank you to all who came to Saturday’s “pop in”, the first in over 2 years.. A good time (and tasty) was had by all and info on future “pop ins and outs” coming soon.
- If you are looking for a one pot meal to cook on top of the stove you can’t go wrong with this chicken with spices, citrus fruits and rice. Replace the chicken with chick peas and sweet potato wedges if you’re going meat free.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Beetroot, horseradish and potato soup @ £2.95 per 450ml (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Ham, turkey and haricot bean cassoulet style ragout @ £6.40 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Black bream and cavola nero filo parcel @ £6.90 each (cooked in a creamy dill sauce with a hint of saffron)(order fresh or frozen)
- Melanzane Parmigiana @ £6.50 each (plenty for one as a main or two as a side)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.95 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- New seasons rhubarb delight @ £2.99 per pot (one person dessert, topped with a hazelnut brittle crunch)(order fresh only)(gluten and wheat free)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 31st March, later orders accepted but can’t guarantee I’ll have the stock
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 1st April, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.