Monday 17th January 2022
- Seville oranges are in the shops and blood oranges just starting – just saying…..
This delicious meringue pie is perfect made with new season rhubarb and blood orange.
- I was drawn to this article on people who have become chefs from interesting routes by the name of one of the restaurants – Bubala – it’s what my grandmother used to call me :).
- February’s “pop out” menu, Friday 25th coming soon – hopefully by the end of the week – bookings now open.
Cooking this week:
Collection from front of shop – front door will be open
Weekly cooking will return week beginning 7th February
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Spiced tomato and lentil soup @ £2.95 per 450ml (vegan, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken sag @ £6.80 per 370g (free range chicken cooked in a delicious madras sauce with lentil and spinach)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cauliflower, parsnip, kale and cashew nut crumble @ £6.70 per 370g (veggie)
- Chick pea, preserved lemon, paprika and turmeric confit @ £6.50 per 350g (order fresh or frozen) (vegan)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.95 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Seville orange and chocolate bread and butter pudding @ £6.75 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 20th January
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 21st January, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm.
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.