Monday 15 November 2021
- The next “pop out” of 2021 is next Friday, 26th November. Lots of delicious choices on the menu, take a look here.
Booking essential. Worth a go?
- Looking for a venue to host your Christmas get together for family, friends or work?
I have a few dates free, get in touch if you would like more info.
Here are some suggested menus to get you thinking.
- Christmas is coming. Are you stuck for present ideas? Given that we are all thinking about less waste, a cooking class voucher could be just the thing.
- This article, looking at waste, is fab. the first thing it talks about is not wasting the water you rinse your rice in – well worth a look at these 40 suggestions – certainly many new ideas for me to adopt.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Spiced parsnip soup @ £2.95 per 450ml (vegan, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.40 per 400g (wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, cider and prune casserole or pie@ £6.60 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin@ £6.90 per 385g (cooked on the bone in red wine with pancetta and mushrooms)( gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.95 per 385g each (cooked on the bone in a delicious spiced coconut sauce)(dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese@ £6.40 per 450g (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.95 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Gooseberry and apple crumble @ £6.50 each (fruit from Eynsham)(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 18th November
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 12th November, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.