Monday 25 October 2021
- Thanks as ever to all of you who joined last weeks “pop out”.
I have already received some lovely feedback, thank you, it’s great to receive.
There will be one more in 2021, Friday November the 26th. Bookings are open, provisional menu will be published by the end of this week.
- Looking for a venue to host your Christmas get together for family, friends or work?
I have a few dates free, get in touch if you would like more info.
Here are some suggested menus to get you thinking.
- We are approaching soup weather. Here is a lovely parsnip, apple and celery soup. all in season and a good way to use up a few windfalls. Although parsnips are sweeter after the first frost, once the foliage starts to die back they are ready to harvest.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Roasted cauliflower and stilton soup @ £2.95 per 450ml (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb and apricot pie @ £6.80 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Leek, potato and Lincolnshire Poacher (delicious cheddar style cheese) pie @ £6.50 per 385g (veggie, can be gluten and wheat free on request)(order fresh or frozen)
- Three mushroom, sage and ricotta filo @ £6.80 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Goats cheese and fig tartlet tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.95 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Zesty lemon syllabub @ £2.95 each (gluten and wheat free)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 28th October
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 29th October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.