Monday 4 October 2021
- Thank you for the response to whether you would like to “pop in” or “pop out”..
Overwhelmingly, everyone is looking forward to coming back in, but at the moment would opt for the “pop out”. So for October, we will “pop out” on Friday 22nd. The provisional menu is here and bookings are now open.
- A reminder that I have plenty of ready meals available in my freezer, as does the Market Garden. Martin Golsby butchers has Cornucopia sausage rolls, and pate most weeks
- Sorry, more Nigel Slater recipes this week, one for figs and another for a black eyed bean burger. You can substitute black beans, aduki beans or pinto (borlotti beans), all delicious and all would bring a different flavour to the burger.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Chicken, pancetta and mushroom pie with cider @ £6.80 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese @ £6.60 per 385g (veggie)(order fresh or frozen)
- Quiche Lorraine (pancetta, cherry tomato, cheese) tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.75 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple, sultana and cinnamon crumble @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 7th October
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 8th October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.