Monday 27 September 2021
- Thank you to all who joined the “pop out” restaurant at home on Saturday 25th of September. I’ve already had some great feedback which is lovely to receive.
Octobers date is yet to be confirmed – I am trying to work out whether the preferred option is to stay with the current offer “popping out”, or going back to “popping in”. Let me know your thoughts and I will confirm date and “out” or “in” next Monday
- Cornucopia’s dining room is available again for private parties. If you would like to make an enquiry or book, please get in touch.
- Well, Nigel Slater has come up trumps again with some seasonal recipes, marrow, sweetcorn and damsons all feature. Oh, and a seasoning I had not heard of before – togarashi (contains mainly chilies, sesame, orange peel, nori – very umami).
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Cottage pie @ £6.50 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Mackerel, roasted fennel, cherry tomato fusilli bake @ £6.75 per 385g (order fresh or frozen)
- Vegan puy lentil, aubergine, mushroom and rainbow chard lasagna @ £6.60 per 385g (vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Courgette, ricotta, thyme and preserved lemon tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.75 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Tabouleh @ £3.25 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Classic bread and butter pudding @ £6.45 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Fresh fig and almond tart @ £4.00 each (10cm diameter)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 30th September
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 1st October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.