Monday 19 July 2021
- A plug for my catering for buffet parties at home, lovely food, no hassle, flexible menus, most diets easy to accommodate.
- With tomatoes ripening, time being limited and and all of us trying to cut down on waste, panzanella is a great go to recipe. Here, Tony Naylor gives a lovely recipe and great blurb on this traditional Italian onion and bread salad.
Meera Sodha has a fab looking recipe for a tomato, rice and lentil dish (vegan).
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
During the summer months (from now until September) there will not always be a weekly cooking list. The freezer has a great selection of dishes if you fancy ordering from there – collection will be the same time on Friday afternoons. The Market Garden and Martin Golsby butcher also have a good stock of ready meals.
The “alfresco package” can also be ordered.
- Beef lasagna @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted fennel, cauliflower, rainbow chard and courgette cashew crumble @ £6.60 per 385g (vegetarian)(order fresh or frozen)
- Pancetta, cherry tomato and Lincolnshire poacher tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.75 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Broad bean with mint, parsley and lemon salad @ £3.75 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Salted caramel tart @ £3.25 each (10cm diameter)
- Lemon drizzle cake @ £11.50 each (21cm loaf)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 24th July
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 23rdJuly, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.