Monday 12 July 2021
- Thank you to all who joined last Friday’s “pop out” restaurant , Some feedback already in here.
This may be the last “pop out” unless there is enthusiasm from you for it to continue>
I am hoping to reinstate the “pop in” from September with a few changes – one of which is moving he day from Thursday to Saturday. More details will come your way in August.
- If you are interested in joining a cooking class or finally having an opportunity to use your
voucher, I hope to have details in the near future, keep an eye on the weekly emails.
Currently I am not planning on starting them again until we all feel comfortable not wearing masks and they are not mandatory.
- After last weekends sport extravaganza, why not take some downtime in the outdoors with the alfresco package , great food in a bag for solo dining or group get togethers.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
During the summer months (from now until September) there will not always be a weekly cooking list. The freezer has a great selection of dishes if you fancy ordering from there – collection will be the same time on Friday afternoons. The Market Garden and Martin Golsby butcher also have a good stock of ready meals.
The “alfresco package” can also be ordered.
- Duck breast in pomegranatemolasses with okra @ £6.95 each (dairy and wheat/gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mexican style black bean, quinoa and pepper chili @ £6.50 each (vegan, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Spinach, ricotta and pine-nut tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Luxury sausage rolls @ £2.75 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Date and orange coleslaw @ £2.85 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Gooseberry and strawberry crumble @ £6.65 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)( order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 15th July
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 16th July, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.