Monday 14 June 2021
- There will be no weekly message or cooking next week, I’ll be taking a week off camping/walking in North Wales
- Alfresco package available this week if you are planning a picnic or friends in garden.
- The “pop out” restaurant returns on the 9th of July, menu is here and bookings are open.
- I found this post I wrote on pasta almost 10 years ago, it’s still relevant today – info on pasta and 52 seasonal pasta suggestions.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
During the summer months (from now until September) there will not always be a weekly cooking list. The freezer has a great selection of dishes if you fancy ordering from there – collection will be the same time on Friday afternoons. The Market Garden and Martin Golsby butcher also have a good stock of ready meals.
The “alfresco package” can also be ordered.
- Salmon, asparagus and ricotta puff pastry parcel @ £6.75 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Asparagus, mushroom an ricotta puff pastry parcel @ £6.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Caramelised shallot and pecorino tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Tabouleh @ £3.00 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rhubarb and elderflower crumble @ £6.25 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)( order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 17th June
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 18th June, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.