Monday 17 May 2021
- This week sees pubs and restaurants opening up indoors, which is great news (especially given the precipitation forecast). As most of you know, Cornucopia is tiny inside so I won’t be opening just yet.
I am taking bookings for events you may be hosting at home – and have already been discussing great menus for celebrations new and delayed, so do get in touch if you are hoping to host a do and want some catering support.
- The “alfresco package” package is up and running – great to book for the weekend (collection on Friday afternoon – consume any time until Sunday evening)
- The last “pop out” was another great success thanks to all of you (and Harriet). We are planning the next one for Friday the 9th of July (we’re taking June off as we hope many of you will be enjoying dining indoors at your favourite places and both Harriet and I are taking separate weeks off for walking holidays). July’s menu is already being created and should be online by the end of this month. Bookings are open for those of you brave enough to book without knowing the dishes on offer.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
During the summer months (from now until September) there will not always be a weekly cooking list. The freezer has a great selection of dishes if you fancy ordering from there – collection will be the same time on Friday afternoons. The Market Garden and Martin Golsby butcher also have a good stock of ready meals.
The “alfresco package” can also be ordered.
- Sweet and sour pork @ £6.50 per 380g (made with free range chicken)( dairy free)
- Puy lentil, veg and ricotta veggie lasagna @ £6.50 per 385g (order fresh or frozen)
- Asparagus, sage and ricotta tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Carrot, sultana, roasted nut and orange salad @ £2.80 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rhubarb and ginger pleasure pot @ £3.00 each (order fresh only)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 19th May
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 24th May, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.