Monday 12th April 2021
- Thank you to all who attended last weeks “pop out” restaurant at home .
We have one limerick in so far – looking forward to more:)
The next one will be on Friday May the 7th, we will then take a break in June and hope to return in July (format depending on how all pans out with the you know what (virus 🙂 )
Mays menu should be online by the end of this week.
- From the 26th of April my weekly cooking list will change to include an alfresco package. There will be fewer ready meal options and a menu for a garden/park bag of deliciousness, to eat with friends or family outdoors..
- Asparagus are appearing, delicious English asparagus.. Have you tried any yet?
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Moroccan spiced chick pea and vegetable soup @ £2.75/450ml (fab for these chilly April days 🙂 )(wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Hunters chicken pie @ £6.60 per 400g (Chianti, mushrooms, tomatoes, herbs , topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Feijoada stew (a Brazilian style beef and black bean classic which has pork and a bit of spice) @ £6.50 per 385g (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted celeriac and cauliflower cashew crumble @ £6.45 for 335g (vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Spinach, ricotta and pine nut tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Classic potato salad with gherkins and boiled eggs @ £2.00 for 240ml tub
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Gooey chocolate and prune pudding @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 15th April
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 16th April, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.