Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 29th March 2021
- Next week is “pop out” restaurant at home week.
There are places left, so why not look at the menu and if temped – book.
And if you are brave enough to take a chance on the weather, invite friends to share the experience in your garden 🙂
- Easter is almost here. Plenty to choose from below if you fancy some homecooked, tasty food without the effort.
In the mood for a bit of Easter baking? These spice buns are delicious.
Cooking this week:
Please note there will be no weekly cooking next week
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Celeriac, cauliflower, smoked garlic and paprika soup @ £2.75/450ml (wheat, gluten free and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Duck a l’orange @ £6.60 per 300g (classic 1970’s dinner party dish returns, duck leg on the bone)(order fresh or frozen)
- Italian style pork meatballs in a marinara (tomato) sauce @ £6.30 per 300g (made with pork, Milano salami and herbs)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom, leek, potato and cheese pie @ £6.50 for 400g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea marsala @ £6.45 for 315g (vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Leek and gruyere tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Date and orange coleslaw @ £2.75 for 240ml(order fresh only)(wheat and gluten free)
- Tabouleh @ £2.75 for 240ml (order fresh only)(dairy free)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Pear and ginger trifle @ £3.50 each (a good one person portion)(order fresh only)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 1st April
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 2nd April, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.