Monday 15th March 2021
- Harriet and I loved all the limericks sent after the last “pop out” restaurant at home. We really struggled to select a favourite, but after much discussion decided Lindsay’s was the one.
We also feel a special commendation should go to Sue as she has contributed fantastic pictures and/or great poetry to every single “pop out” restaurant since we started. Well done to both of you and thank you to everyone for your wonderful contributions.
- The next “pop out” will be Friday 8th April, The proposed menu is here, bookings are open.
- This recipe caught my eye for a lemony tortellini soup from Bon Appetit, delicious comfortness in a bowl.
Cooking this week:
Please note there will be no weekly cooking next week
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Tomato, sundried tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat, gluten free and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Bolognese sauce @ £3.95 /450ml (wheat, gluten free and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef bourguignon @ £6.50 per 350g (beef cooked in red wine with mushrooms)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef lasagna @ £6.30 per 350g (made with a rich beef ragout)(order fresh or frozen)
- Fishcakes with spring onion and dill with Lincolnshire Poacher cheese filling @ £6.50 for 2 (1 is adequate for a light meal, 2 for a main meal)(order fresh or frozen)
- Aduki and black bean chili 350g (vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Spinachricotta and pine nut tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Remoulade @ £3.00 for 240ml (classic French celeriac salad)(order fresh only)(wheat and gluten free)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple, sultana and cinnamon crumble @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 18th March
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 19th March, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.