Monday 8th March 2021
- Thank you to all who came to last weeks “pop out” restaurant at home.
Some great limericks and comments have already arrived.
The next one will be Friday 8th April, rather than the 1st which is Good Friday
The menu will be published later this week and bookings are open.
- Root to shoot eating – here is a great suggestion for baking a celeriac whole (in the Italian style of a whole fish in salt) from Tom Hunt.
Here are plenty more suggestions of how to use foods we may often waste from the Guardian
And just a quick reminder of how much food we waste and how it has a huge contribution to global warning.
Cooking this week:
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Beetroot and apple soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy chicken and mushroom sauce @ £3.95 /450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Moroccan spiced turkey filo pie @ £6.00 per 325g (in a pastilla style)(order fresh or frozen)
- Hungarian goulash @ £6.30 per 350g (made with beef)(order fresh or frozen)
- Halloumi and aubergine bake @ £6.50 per 300g (made with layers of aubergines, a red pepper, tomato and basil sauce, topped with grilled halloumi)(wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted cauliflower, celeriac and cherry tomato cashew crumble@ £6.40 per 350g (vegetarian/can be vegan on request)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Spring onion, leek and cheddar tart @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)
- Classic Eastern European style potato salad @ £2.75 for 240ml (with pickles, plenty of dill and boiled egg)(order fresh only)(wheat and gluten free)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Pear and ginger crumble @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 11th March
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 12th March, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.