Monday 22nd February 2021
- Nigel Slater has come up trumps again – love this suggestion of pickled winter slaw with grilled halloumi.
- Next week’s “pop out” is filling up fast – not many places left, so if you fancy joining in (and why not?), take a look at the menu and let me know. Here are some comments from past diners.
- This article about how Yotam Ottolenghi changed the way we eat rings true with me. If any of you remember my deli – the green bean hazelnut and orange salad, the huge rosewater and pistachio meringues, the plum torte were all inspired by visits to his first shop near Notting Hill (which sadly is no longer there). My dad used to take me there to “choose” when visiting my parents – even he was in awe of the window and products.
Cooking this week:
Please note there will be no ready meals produced next week.
- Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Chorizo, white bean and tomato soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy garlic mushroom sauce @ £3.25 /450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mutton curry, Durban style @ £6.50 per 400g (masala style, with potatoes)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and leek pie @ £6.60 per 400g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Spinach, squash and chick pea tagine @ £6.40 per 380g (vegan and wheat/gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese @ £6.15 450g (vegetarian) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Caramelised red onion and goats cheese tart (10cm diameter)
- Tumeric and almond rice @ £3.25 for 240ml (generous single portion, could do 2)(order fresh or frozen)(wheat and gluten free, vegan)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Apple and cinnamon strudel @ £3.95 each (enough for 1)(order fresh or frozen)
- If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 25th February
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 26th February, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.