Monday 15th February 2021
- We have a winner for the last “pop out”, 10 words to describe your experience.
It was a really difficult task, all contributions were worthy of winning, however Harriet and I felt that Andy fully embraced the emotions of our time more than any other. Well done Andy.
If you would like to join next month’s “pop out” restaurant at home, the menu is now available – let me know if you would like to book.
- It’s pancake day this Tuesday, instead of buying toppings, why not experiment with bits and pieces in the back of your cupboard or bottom of the fridge that need using – you just may come up with a magic combination – if you do, please let me know and I will share.
- Looking for something bit different to cook this week? This Lebanese dish with lentils and rice is delicious – cooking the onions does take a bit of time and patience but it’s well worth the outcome – fab on it’s own or with grilled meat, fish or cauliflower. – yum…
Cooking this week:
If you have any requests for next week, do let me know.
Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Creamy broccoli and Roquefort soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie chili sauce @ £3.25 /450ml (wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef lasagna @ £6.20 per 400g (rich beef ragout, home made egg lasagna sheets and béchamel sauce)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.60 per 350g (chicken cooked on the bone this is a delicious Malaysian dish with fragrant spices and coconut)(wheat, gluten and dairy free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Quinoa and roasted veg cottage pie @ £6.40 per 400g (veggie, wheat and gluten free, can be vegan please request)(order fresh or frozen)
- Spinach and feta filo parcel @ £6.50 each (generous for 1 person)(vegetarian) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Caramelised red onion and goats cheese tart @ £3.95 (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- Carrot and cumin salad @ £2.95 per 175g (great as a salad or warm as a side dish)(order fresh only)(wheat and gluten free, vegan)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- New seasons rhubarb, rosewater meringue and Jersey cream Eton mess @ £3.95 each (in a pot for one person – could share)(order fresh or frozen)
- Currant, orange and ginger cake @ £8.00 each (12cm loaf)(order fresh or frozen)
- If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 18th February
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 19th February, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.