Monday 8th February 2021
- Plenty of Valentine appropriate ready meals available this week from the kitchen, scroll down and be tempted 🙂
- Last week’s “pop out” was fully booked and feedback so far show’s much enjoyed. Thanks as ever for all your enthusiasm and support and fabulous feedback – next one is Friday the 5th of March, bookings are coming in already – menu will be on my website by the end of this week and in next weeks email.
- For a bit of light relief, here is an email thread following a tweet from Jay Rayner when some-one pulled him up for turning a corner on a cookery book. Do you customise your cookery books?
Cooking this week:
If you have any requests for next week, do let me know.
Portion size for one healthy adult unless otherwise stated
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Chunky turkey, barley and veg soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Arabiata sauce @ £3.25 /450ml (wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Duck a l’orange @ £6.60 per 350g (classic 1970’s dinner party dish, duck leg on the bone)(order fresh or frozen)
- Fresh mackerel, cherry tomato, kale, caper and ricotta fusilli @ £6.45 per 350g (order fresh)
- Pork, prune and cider pie, topped with shortcrust pastry @ £6.40 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Beetroot and goats cheese risotto @ £6.45 370g ( gluten and wheat free, vegetarian) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea, butternut squash and spinach dahl @ £6.50 per 375g (dairy, wheat free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted herby winter veg @ £3.95 for 175g (order fresh or frozen)(wheat and gluten free, vegan)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- New seasons rhubarb baked cheesecake @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh or frozen)
- Red velvet cake @ £6.60 each (12cm square, iced top and sides)(cake made with beetroot)(order fresh or frozen)
- If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 11th February
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 12th February, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.