Monday 25th January 2021
- Places available for next weeks “pop out” restaurant , Friday the 5th of February. The menu is here . Why not make it your weeks highlight 🙂
- Having just had an environmental health inspection, I realise I need to do a lot more to inform everyone about allergens. I apologise if it becomes annoying, but each time you order I will be asking you to confirm whether anyone eating the food you have chosen has any food allergies. I did score a 5 :).
- Some lovely inspiration and encouragement from James Wong in the Guardian – grow your own baby leaves – anyone can do this regardless of space.
Cooking this week:
There will be no ready meals produced next week…
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
When placing your order, please can you let me know either way if anyone who will be eating the food has an allergy. If they do, tell me what the allergy is. Thanks
- Spiced spinach, rainbow chard and lentil soup @ £2.75 /450ml(wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 /450ml(wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Bolognese sauce @ £3.25 /450ml(wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie @ £6.60 per 400g (made with free range chicken and topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.25 per 400g (wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Sichuan style pork ribs in a bbq suace, @ £6.85 per 395g (marinated pork ribs, slow roasted and then topped with bbq sauce)(diary free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Leek, cheese and potato pie @ £6.45 425g ( gluten and wheat free, vegetarian) (order fresh or frozen)
- Parsnip and cauliflower coconut curry with almonds @ £6.50 per 375g (dairy, wheat free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Pilau rice @ £4.25 / 450ml (enough for 2) @ £2.35 / 220ml (enough for 1/2) (order fresh or frozen)(wheat and gluten free, vegan)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Classic apple crumble with a hint of cinnamon @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Rice pudding with new season rhubarb @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lemon drizzle cake @ £8.95 each 19cm long (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 28th January
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 29th January, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.