Monday 18th January 2021
- Any celebrations on the horizon? Why not try the the “pop out” restaurant which is on the first Friday of each month. There is always a great selection of dishes to choose from and with a tiny bit of input from you on the evening a lovely way to mark an occasion in these strange times. Next one is Friday the 5th of February, provisional menu here and booking is open.
- It’s marmalade time – Seville oranges are in the shops and some of us have time on our hands. Get preserving…
- Home schooling and working from home – not able to prepare a proper meal too? Have you tried one of my ready meals for all the family? See choices this week below and give it a go.
Collection is on Friday afternoons from the back yard of the shop.
If you are shielding or self isolating in Eynsham and would like an order delivered, let me know.
Cooking this week:
Loads of choice this week, again…
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Chick pea and tomato soup @ £2.75 /450ml(wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cheesey leek sauce @ £3.25 /450ml(great poured over veg, pasta, nachos, you name it)(vegetarian)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie @ £6.50 per 425g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.55 per 395g (Malaysian curry with fragrant spices and coconut)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury fish pie @ £6.85 per 395g (a selection of fresh market fish topped with creamy mash)(gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Aduki bean, mushroom and tomato pie @ £6.45 425g ( gluten and wheat free, vegetarian, can be vegan on request) (order fresh or frozen)
- Kefalonian spinach and herb pie @ £6.50 per slice (vegetarian)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Winter slaw @ £4.25 / 450ml (enough for 2/4) @ £2.35 / 220ml (enough for 1/2) (order fresh or frozen)(vegan)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Blood orange upside down pudding @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy banana and caramel pot @ £3.95 per pot (plenty for 1, could share)(order fresh only)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 21st January
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 22nd January, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.