Monday 7th December 2020
- Thank you to all who “came” to the “pop out” restaurant last week, and an extra thanks to those who penned their thoughts in 10 words or less, or sent pics.(there are even Haikus).
If you fancy a “pop out” experience for Christmas day, look no further – details here and there are a few places left…..(to avoid disappointment please book by this Friday, 11th)
- Orders are coming in for Christmas fayre, lovingly prepared in the Cornucopia kitchen, whether you fancy some delicious food for yourself or to give as a gift, check out this list. If for a gift, let me know and we will wrap it festively.
Cooking this week:
Plenty of choice this week, next weeks list will be from the Christmas list only.
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Spiced parsnip soup @ £2.75 /450ml (wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy chicken, three mushroom and winter savoury soup @ £2.75/450ml (wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mutton, root veg and barley stew, with pomegranate@ £6.65 per 450g (this is being made with 8 year old mutton from Shetland)(dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Giant pasta shells filled with ricotta and rainbow chard baked in a creamy, garlicky, tomato sauce @ £6.45 per 395g (order fresh or frozen)
- Chickpea, leek, mushroom and tomato ragout @ £6.00 350g ( dairy, gluten and wheat free, vegan) (order fresh or frozen)
- Leek and pecorino tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Pear and ginger pudding @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Rice, coconut, mango and pandan baked pudding @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(wheat, gluten dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 10th December
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 11th December, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.