Monday 16th November 2020
- Bookings are now open for December’s “pop out” restaurant at home. Proposed menu here.
Congratulations go to Katy for taking the winning photo from November’s “pop out”. It was a difficult choice as ever as there were many lovely pictures with the Popplewells, Smiths and Sue needing a special mention. We liked the genuine joy in Katy’s picture.
- Smoked salmon and Russian salad – a much maligned salad – and some other great recipe ideas from Giorgio Locatelli from last weekends Observer
- If you are thinking about what you may want in the larder, fridge or freezer for Christmas, here is what will be available from the Cornucopia Kitchen..
Cooking this week:
plenty of choice this week
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Butternut squash, sweet potato, lemongrass and coconut soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef bourguignone @ £6.45 per 400g (Delicious beef casserole with red wine, mushrooms and shallots)(wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.00 per 400g (ultimate comfort food)(wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Thai chicken curry @ £6.60 per 350g (delicious free range chicken pieces in a curry with peppers, lemon grass, kafir lime, coconut milk etc)(dairy, gluten and wheat free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury cauliflower macaroni cheese @ £6.15 per 400g (veggie)(order fresh or frozen)
- Red peppers stuffed with short grain brown rice, wild rice, aubergine, mushroom, sundried tomato and pecorino @ £6.40 each ( gluten and wheat free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted beetroot and feta tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Baked apple andalmond pudding @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 19th November
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 20th November, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.