Monday 9th November 2020
- Thank you to all who joined November’s “pop out” restaurant and home. The next one will be Friday the 4th of December – provisional menu will be out later this week and bookings open next Monday – 16th November.
- This cartoon in Private Eye magazine really appealed to me – I’m definitely on the same page as granny 🙂
- A reminder about my Christmas Dinner proposal. If you would like to express an interest or book, let me know.
Cooking this week:
plenty of choice this week
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Beetroot, apple and horseradish soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Broccoli and stilton soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef lasagna @ £6.15 per 400g (made with a rich tomato ragout and home-made lasagna sheets)
- Moussaka @ £6.55 per 400g (layers of grilled aubergine, lamb sauce and Greek yoghurt)(wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.60 per 400g (Chicken pieces cooked on the bone in red wine with button mushrooms, pancetta and shallots, finished with crème fraiche)(gluten and wheat free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted butternut squash, lentil and feta lasagna @ £6.15 per 400g (veggie)(order fresh or frozen)
- Celeriac and Emmental tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Coconut and pandan rice pudding with mango @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(pandan leaf imparts a slightly nutty vanilla flavour)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 12th November
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email san[email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 13th November, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.