Monday 26th October 2020
- Classic prawn cocktail, pigeon breast and roasted beetroot, deep fried goats cheese filo drizzled with honey – sounding good?
Take a look at November the 6th’s “pop out” menu – a few places left if you fancy booking.
Did I say tart tatin, black forest gateau, panna cotta?
- Did you know that if you fancy a Cornucopia ready meal and I’m not in the kitchen, you can pop into Golsby butchers or the Market Garden – they both have a great selection.
- Squash season is upon us. Here are plenty of delicious looking recipe ideas from Delicious magazine.
Cooking this week:
please note there will be no weekly cooking list next week
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Carrot and coriander soup @ £2.75 per 450ml(vegan, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Bolognese sauce @ £3.50 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie @ £6.40 per 400g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, smoked sausage, lentil and kale stew @ £6.30 per 400g (dairy free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury fish pie @ £6.90 per 400g (made with chunks of Grimsby landed fresh fish)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury macaroni cheese @ £6.00 per 450g (veggie)(order fresh or frozen)
- Smoked haddock and leek tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £6.60 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 29th October
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]cooks.co.uk.
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 30th October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.