Monday 12th October 2020
- Christmas – yip, I’ve said it. Are you pondering on how you may spend the day and what you may do with regards to food?
Take a look at what I’m proposing and let me know if it is something you are interested in. (Thank you to Ron for sowing the seed).
- October’s “pop out” seemed to have gone down well – thanks to all who brought their plastics back and gave me some great feedback. The photo competition win goes to Lindsay – we thought her picture showed a lovely homely ambience with really pretty assembled plates.
Bookings are now open for November’s “pop out”, scheduled for Friday 6th November, proposed menu here.
- Don’t forget you can order a deli platter on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Cooking this week:
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Celeriac, cauliflower and pesto soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (veggie)(order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy mushroom and red wine sauce @ £3.50 per 450ml (wheat and gluten free)(great for steak, chicken, baked potato or to make a bean casserole)
- Beef lasagna @ £6.00 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Goat moussaka @ £6.50 per 400g (delicious goat ragout layered with aubergine – sustainable and greener meat than lamb)(wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, preserved lemon and olive tagine @ £6.60 per 400g (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beetroot and goats cheese risotto @ £6.25 per 350g (veggie)(gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Rainbow chard and bacon tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Citrus, preserved lemon and pomegranate couscous @ £2.25 per 225ml pot (great with the tagine, dairy free)(dairy free)
- Polenta, lemon, orange blossom and poppy seed cake different sizes and price on application.
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 15th October
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 16th October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.