Monday 5th October 2020
- Thank you to all who joined Friday’s “pop out” restaurant at home, Remember to post photos for the photo competition (winner gets 50% off the next time they join the “pop out”). And, if you return your trays and any items that can be re-used on Friday between 2pm and 5pm, there’ll be a slice of cake waiting for you:)
The next one “pops out” on Friday the 6th of November, menu coming soon.
- Chicken cooked with spices, citrus fruits and rice is a great one pot meal. Substitute chickpeas and butternut squash for the chicken and you have a delicious vegan dish.
- This event, on October the 9th, run by Slow Food, offers and interactive online, chocolate tasting. Worth a try?
To prepare for it you will need to visit a Sainsburys store and purchase 5 specified bars of Taste the difference chocolate.
Thanks to Jillian for bringing this to my attention 🙂
Cooking this week:
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Spiced parsnip soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Bolognese sauce @ £3.50 per 450ml (dairy and wheat free)
- Lamb tagine @ £6.50 per 400g (slow cooked with dates and apricots)( dairy, wheat and gluten free)( great with the couscous, see below)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cottage pie @ £6.00 per 420g (wheat and gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie @ £6.60 per 400g (creamy free range chicken filling topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Stir fried greens and autumn greens and quinoa with soy and ginger @ £6.00 per 400g (vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Leek and pecorina tartlets @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Citrus, preserved lemon and pomegranate couscous @ £2.25 per 225ml pot (great with the tagine, dairy free)(dairy free)
- Eynsham apple and sultana crumble @ £6,25 each (enough for 3, plenty for 2)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 8th October
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 9th October, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.