Monday 21st September 2020
- As the evenings are drawing in, darkness descends, treats are needed.
Try a deli platter with a crisp bottle of wine, craft beer or tonic from Eynsham Cellars.
- Bookings are coming in for the next “pop out” restaurant at home, Friday 2nd October. The menu is here. Email or call if you would like to book or have any questions.
- Maire Mitchell has some great Caribbean recipes from this weekends Observer Guardian, which includes an excellent roti recipe
Cooking this week:
Plenty to choose from this weeks ready meal list. There will be no ready meals cooked in the kitchen next week.
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- White bean, chorizo and tomato soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.60 per 380g (cooked on the bone in red wine with pancetta, button mushrooms and shallots, finished with crème fraiche)( wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Fish pie @ £6.80 per 400g (using fresh Grimsby market fish, topped with creamy mash)(can be wheat and gluten free on request)(order fresh or frozen)
- Puy lentil and roasted vegetable lasagna @ £6.00 per 400g (vegetarian)(order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted red peppers stuffed with shortgrain brown rice, aubergine, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella @ £6.40 per pepper (wheat, gluten free)(can be vegan on requst)(order fresh or frozen)
- Stilton and mushroom tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Asian slaw @ £2.25 per 225ml pot (contains fish sauce)
- Honey cake @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(larger ones available – price on request)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 24th September
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 25th September, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.