Monday 14th September 2020
- Bookings are now open for the next “pop out” restaurant at home, Friday 2nd October. The menu is here. Email or call if you would like to book or have any questions.
- Rules for get togethers are changing all the time. We have no idea whether it will be safe to have Christmas lunch or dinner parties for friends, family and colleagues. If you would like to make a booking (save a date), and wait until a couple of weeks before the date to discuss possibilities, let me know. There will be no obligation to go ahead if you and your group (or the Covid situation) makes the event unviable.
- Squashes are in season right now. Here are a couple of recipes:
Butternut squash, spinach and lamb curry;
Butternut squash and chicken liver risotto.
Cooking this week:
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Carrot, ginger and coriander soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Pheasant Normandy @ £6.60 per 400g (slow cooked on the bone with apples, cider, finished with cream)( wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb and apricot pie @ £6.60 per 400g (topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury macaroni cauliflower cheese @ £6.00 per 500g (order fresh or frozen)
- Three bean and mushroom pie (topped with creamy mash)(veggie but can be vegan on request)(wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Leek and pecorina tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Potato latke @ £2.25 each
- Pear and mincemeat crumble @ £6.50 each (Eynsham Pears)(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 17th September
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 18th September, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.