Monday 24th August 2020
- Cornucopia is taking a short break from the 1st of September to Monday the 14th of September, when there will be news about opening up the dining room for family parties, the next “pop out” menu and the odd recipe from foraging.
- If you have plenty of tomatoes and like ketchup, this recipe is a must try,
- Have you acquired a sour dough culture during Covid – 19? If you fancy a bit of science to understand what is actually going on – give this article from Scientific American a read.
Cooking this week:
Please note that there will be no ready meals next week or the following. There are plenty available in the freezers at Martin Golsby butchers and the Market Garden.
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg? Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Sweet potato, peanut and chili soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Slow cooked Oxford venison haunch bloody Mary @ £6.70 per 380g (slow cooked in a spicy tomato and vodka sauce)(dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken breast stuffed with mascarpone, sundried tomato and basil in a creamy tomato sauce @ £6.60 each (wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Quinoa, aduki bean, courgette and tomato bake @ £6.25 per 360g portion (wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Salmon + chard or broccoli + brie tartlet @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Tabouleh @ £2.20 per 240ml pot
- Pear and ginger pudding @ £6.50 each (Eynsham Pears)(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 27th August
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 28th August, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.