Monday 17th August 2020
- We are delighted to announce that Iain has won August’s “pop out” picture competition. Harriet and I felt it best reflected the food and barmy weather of that hot Friday evening 🙂 Well done.
The next “pop out” restaurant at home will be Friday 2nd October, look out for the menu which will be published in early September.
- A reminder that deli platter can be ordered this week, Wednesday – Friday. Take a peek and see what you think. Most items are made fresh by me.
- These five West African recipes, from the weekends Observer, look absolutely delicious.
Cooking this week:
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg. Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Whole quails stuffed with couscous, raisins and pinenuts with a spiced apple and cider jus @ £6.70 per each (order fresh or frozen)
- Cornucopia style Cornish pasty @ £5.95 each (Using skirt from Martin’s fab Scottish beef)(order fresh or frozen)
- Confit of chickpeas and tomato tandoori @ £6.40 each (wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Celery, potato and pecorino gratin @ £6.00 per 350g (wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom, aubergine and feta tart @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Courgette, preserved lemon and dill salad @ £2.20 per 240ml pot
- Tiramisu @ £4.50 each (generous for 1)(order fresh)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 20th August
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 21st August, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.