Monday 10th August 2020
- So, Friday’s “pop out” was enjoyed by many. We have a few photographs already in and look forward to more. We’ll be choosing our favourite at the end of the week. Here are some comments I’ve had so far.
The next one will be Friday 2nd October, look out for the menu which will be published in early September.
- Don’t forget you can order a deli platter this week, Wednesday – Friday. Take a peak and see what you think. Most items are made fresh by me.
- If you are a veg and fruit grower and are currently harvesting plums and cucumbers, here are a couple of great recipes: plum torte and Ukranian cucumber salad
Cooking this week:
- A reminder that all savoury dishes ordered fresh can be kept in the fridge until Monday. If you are going to eat it after then, please order frozen.
- Have you tried the half portion meal with veg. Choose one of the main dishes and let me know if you would like mash, new potatoes or rice to accompany it – I will add a selection of 2 veg. The cost will be 75p less than the listed portion price. Available fresh or frozen.
- Pea, lettuce and mint soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat and gluten free)(Delicious cold or warm)
- Beef lasagna (made with home-made lasagna sheets) @ £6.00 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken rendang @ £6.60 per 400g (cooked on the bone using Sutton Hoo chicken in a delicious Malaysian spiced coconut sauce)(wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Spicy Moroccan lamb and aubergine filo @ £6.40 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Roasted summer veg, ricotta and pecorino lasagna @ £6.00 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- Creamy leek, thyme and pecorino tart @ £3.95 each (10cm diameter)(order fresh only)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes (with or without beetroot) @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Home grown tomatoes, coriander, cumin and lemon salad @ £2.00 per 240ml pot
- Greengage and apple crumble @ £6.50 per each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All food orders in by 9am Thursday 13th August
If you miss the deadline, email me and if I can I will supply 🙂
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438)
Collection is from the backyard at Cornucopia, 1 High Street, Friday 14th August, between 2.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.