Monday 2nd March 2020
- Thank you to all who came to last weeks monthly “pop in” dinner, March’s is on Thursday 26th and menu in progress should be available by the end of this week
- Cooking classes to join:
Thai cooking, understanding the flavours, Saturday the 28th March, Wednesday 8th April (1 day class)
Vegetarian cooking, inspired by recipes from Yotam Ottolenghi, Saturday 4th April. (1 day class)
Preparing for uni or leaving home – a 2 day cooking class – yes it’s that time of year when parents and youngsters are thinking about how they will eat well and budget come the time. Booking now (dates arranged to suit), get in touch if you are interested.
- Trust Nigel Salter to suggest a recipe for the ultimate comfort food – cauliflower cheese pie – a perfect dinner for these unsettled times 🙂
Cooking this week:
- Celery, apple and thyme soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Pork baked in cider with dried plums (make it into a pie for the same price) @ £6.45 per 400g (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb, date and apricot tagine @ £6.50 per 375g (dairy, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lentil, roasted veg and ricotta lasagna @ £6.25 per 400g (veggie )(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £6.50 each. (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(freezes well)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 5th March
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 6th March, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.