Monday 2nd December 2019
- So, December is here. The days are definitely shorter and thoughts are definitely veering towards what will be happening over Christmas. Given the current culture of mitigating excess, how about treating a friend to afternoon tea as a Christmas present instead of “a thing”?
That way you spend time with someone you care about and don’t spend time agonising of what they may want but don’t necessarily need – just saying 🙂
- An extensive cooking list week. Thinking ahead, preparing for the festive season, they all freeze well so can be popped into the freezer to enjoy when too busy to spend time in the kitchen.
This will also be the last weekly cooking until January due to positive Christmas party pressure in the Cornucopia kitchen.
Cooking this week:
- Carrot, coriander and ginger soup @ £2.95 per 450ml ( dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Lamb tagine with apricots and dates @ £6.40 per 400g (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken and mushroom pie @ £6.60 per 400g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken and topped with shortcrust pastry)(order fresh or frozen)
- Luxury nut roast @ £17.50 per 700g (made with walnuts and hazelnuts – can be gluten and/or vegan on request)(plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
- Leek, potato and cheese pie @ £6.00 per 450g (gluten, wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Butternut squash, chick pea and spinach tagine @ £6.20 per 395g (gluten, wheat and dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Preserved lemon and pomegranate couscous @ £3.00 per 450ml (dairy free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 5th December
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, Friday 6th November, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.