Monday 4th November 2019
- A busy “pop in” last week, thanks to all who came – November’s is one week early, Thursday 21st, and will be the last one of 2019 (scary!). Menu should be online later this week. If you have a request, let me know.
- Jo Trevelli, co-head chef at The River Cafe, has some great recipes in last weekend’s Guardian. (I’m fascinated by the savoy cabbage pancakes which I’m going to try this evening)
- There are a few more cooking classes this year, click here to see what’s on offer. Let me know if you would like more info or to book
- James is learning to cook Moussaka this week, so look out for it in the counter at the butchers.
Cooking this week:
- Creamy mushroom soup with a hint of dill @ £2.95 per 450ml ( gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Coq au vin @ £6.60 per 400g (Sutton Hoo chicken cooked on the bone with mushrooms, lardons and red wine)(wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Moussaka @ £6.50 per 400g (lamb ragout layered with aubergine)(gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie moussaka made with aduki beans @ £6.40 per 395g (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple, sultana and cinnamon crumble@ £3.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 7th November
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, 8th November, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.