Monday 12th August 2019
- Plums nearly ripe? This is a delicious, simple recipe for any plums you can’t eat.
- If you fancy some new salad recipes how about this quinoa salad and this courgette and halloumi one
- Sugar is sugar – here are 38 names for simple sugars which are generally metabolised in the same way as “Tate and Lyle” granulated sugar – don’t be mislead!
Cooking this week:
- It’s summer – giving soup a miss (again)..
- Lamb and apricot pie topped with shortcrust pastry @ £6.60 per 425g (order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea, rainbow chard and tamarind ragout @ £6.45 per 340g (vegan, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Peppers stuffed with lentils, aubergine, pine nuts and pomegranate @ £6.30 per pepper (vegan and gluten/wheat free))(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Blackberry and apple crumble @ £6.25 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 15th August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street, 16th August, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.