Monday 20th May 2019
- Thank you to all who came to last weeks “cut and cook” , a great success, enjoyed by all.
The next one is on Thursday 13th of June, looking at the hind of beef – major butchery, steaks and bbqing – that’s all I’m saying 🙂
- This months “pop in” for lunch and dinner is next week, if you fancy coming, why not book to avoid disappointment? – provisional menu now here.
- I haven’t posted a Felicity Cloake – cooking the perfect – for a while.
Feeling a bit retro, here is her take on profiteroles. Unusually, I disagree with her recipe – I use only water (not half water/half milk), I don’t add sugar and I don’t sweeten the filling, relying on the sweetness of a rich Jersey double cream.
.Cooking this week:
- Creamy sundried tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Giant pasta shells filled with tuna, asparagus and ricotta pasta bake @ £6.30 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- Beef Massiman curry @ £6.40 per 400g portion (wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea, fresh tumeric and coconut ragout with peppers and sundried tomatoes @ £6.25 for 375g (vegan and gluten/wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rich chocolate, amaretto and prune pudding @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, 3 enough for 3).
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 23rd May
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 24th, between 4.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.