Monday 11th March 2019
- Please note the kitchen will be closed next week – essential research to be done as ever 🙂
- Martin and James are sharpening their knives and preparing a range of meats to demonstrate where value cuts come from and explain why they are value cuts for the next “Cut and Cook” session, Thursday 14th March – 6pm – 8pm.
I’ll be demonstrating traditional Cornish pasties and oxtail stew – why not join us – we bribe you with a glass of wine or beer and plenty of tastings.
- Provisional menu for the next “pop in for lunch or dinner” is here. Hope to see you.
Cooking this week:
Please note that the Cornucopia kitchen will be closed next week (16th – 24th March)
- Leek, potato and bacon soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (gluten , wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Beef, ale and mushroom pie @ £6.45 per 400g portion ( can make casserole which is dairy, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Oxtail stew with root veg @ £6.50 per 470g (gluten, wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)(dairy free)
- Chicken sofrito (Sutton Hoo chicken on the bone, baked with paprika, turmeric and garlic on a bed of melt in your mouth potato cubes) @ £6.60 per 400g portion (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie lasagna (oyster mushroom, spinach, tomato and ricotta lasagna) @ £6.10 per 400g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Gooseberry bakewell tart @ £4.00 each (1 greedy person or 2 good portions)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 14th
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 15th March, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.