Monday 4th February
- Thank you to all who came to last weeks “pop in” restaurant – menu met with approval and a jolly time was had by all while anticipating the first significant snowfall of this winter. Next months is on Thursday 28th of February.
- Roasting cauliflower seems all the rage – I saw a recipe from Honey and Co over the weekend and it looks delicious (saute chopped shallots in butter, add chopped fresh sage, plenty of anchovies and finish with creme fraiche, season and pour over steamed cauliflower – try roasting or frying cauliiflower), will be trying it this week for dinner with some gnocci.
- Just a reminder that we have a few places for this months “cut and cook” available, Thursday 21st – 6pm – 8pm, we’re investigating fore of beef.
Cooking this week:
- Spiced lentil and vegetable soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Venison hot pot @ £6.50 per 400g portion (venison cooked really slowly with root veg and barley, topped with slices of crispy potato)(can be dairy free, please ask)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cheesey tuna, mushroom pasta bake @ £6.00 per 450g (order fresh or frozen)
- Chick pea, sweet potato and coconut curry (gluten and wheat free, vegan) @ £6.25 per 375g portion (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Caramelised apple bread and butter pudding @ £6.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 7th
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 8th February, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.