Monday 7th January 2019
- Happy new year and here’s to a year of delicious food – in moderation of course.
- The first “pop in” for lunch and dinner day is Thursday 31st January 2019, fancy coming? Let me know if you would like to book (or need more info).
- Looking for inspiration in the kitchen?
Why not join one of the cooking classes on offer?
Thursday 17th January: Cut and cook, 2 hour evening session, looking at value cuts
Saturday, 9th February: Vegan day inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi, 6 hour session
Tuesday 19th February: Malaysian cooking, 6 hour session
Thursday 21st February: Cut and cook, 2 hour evening session, looking at a fore of beef
More info and classes
Cooking this week:
A slightly different selection to usual to reflect a desire for simple 🙂
- Swiss chard and spiced lentil soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Carrot and butternut squash soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, barley and vegetable soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom baked in cider (sutton hoo chicken cooked on the bone in this casserole) @ £6.60 per single portion (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cheese, onion and potato pie @ £6.00 per single portion (gluten and wheat free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Bean and vegetable cottage pie @ £6.00 per 400g portion (seasonal veg and a bean selection topped with a delicious parsley mash)(dairy, wheat and gluten free, vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Apple and gooseberry crumble @ £6.75 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 10th
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 11th, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.