Monday 5th November 2018
- Next week is the third in the “Cut and Cook” series. We’re looking at small game – skinning a rabbit and stuffing a quail – just some of the fun on the agenda for Thursday 15th of November. Pop in and speak to Martin if you would like more info or to book, or contact me.
- The days are shorter now and coming home to a dark house can be quite dispiriting. How different would this feel if you were welcomed by aromas of a hearty meal when you opened the door?
If you haven’t got a slow cooker, why not treat yourself – you don’t need to spend much on one. With a little organisation you can easily prepare a delicious meal the night before to be enjoyed, knowing it is home-made, reasonably priced and so much healthier than a take away or off the shelf pizza. Here are 40 recipe ideas from Good Houskeeping.
Cooking this week:
- Butternut squash,sweet potato and coconut soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken, black pudding and mushroom pie @ £6.50 per 450g (topped with short crust pastry) (order fresh or frozen)
- Slow cooked beef ribs with soy, ginger and chili @ £6.65 per 420g (dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mixed bean and roasted winter vegetable pie @ £6.40 per 425g (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Sticky pear and ginger pudding @ £6.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 8th November
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 9th November, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.