Monday 29th October 2018
- Thank you to all who came to last weeks “pop in” for lunch and dinner, the next one will be on Thursday 29th November – bookings are being taken and menu to be decided this week.
- Fancy a bit of baking? Here is the lovely Felicity Cloake deconstructing the Madeleine with her perfect recipe.
- What can you do with pumpkin flesh 🙂 ?
Make a soup, pop it into a lamb curry, mash it with plenty of Parmesan add butter and pop under grill, the ubiquitous pumpkin pie, etc etc….. (just don’t put it in your food waste bin).
Cooking this week:
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup (using Mrs Bells Yorkshire blue) @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Cream of mushroom and chicken soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat, gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Massaman curry sauce @ £5.50 per 450ml (a Thai sauce with peanut, coconut and tamarind etc, great with beef, chicken, fish, pulses and tofu)(wheat, gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Pork, Armagnac and dried plum pie @ £6.20 per 450g (topped with short crust pastry) (order fresh or frozen)
- Beef Massaman curry @ £6.65 per 420g (this Thai recipe sees beef slowly cooked with potatoes in coconut, peanut and tamarind etc.)(gluten and dairy free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Mushroom, cauliflower and 3 cheese lasagna @ £6.55 per 425g (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Treacle steamed sponge @ £5.00 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 1st November
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 2nd November, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.