Monday 10th September 2018
- Last chance to book for the “cut and cook” session this Thursday – let us know by Tuesday so we can ensure we have enough ingredients etc for all. We’re really looking to the first of these sessions in the series.
- This weekend has seen me making the most of my tomato glut. I have made some delicious ketchup with the ripe tomatoes and a fantastic pickle with some of the green ones. They’re still going strong mind, so more suggestions welcome
I was also out blackberry picking – I must have seen half the village out doing the same – and there are more, so if you fancy an apple and blackberry crumble, get out there picking.
- Tony Naylor from the Guardian tells us here “how to eat a BLT”, a fantastic read, with some inevitable Brexit humour thrown in.
Cooking this week:
please note there will be no weekly cooking next week
- Spiced chickpea and tomato soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken sofrito @ £6.60 per 550g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken,slowly cooked on the bone with turmeric, paprika, lemon and garlic on a bed of onion and potato) (order fresh or frozen)(gluten and dairy free)
- Greek style meat pie @ £6.25 for 400gg (marinated pork with lemon and white wine cooked in a delicious herby tomato sauce between layers of filo pastry) (order fresh or frozen)
- Kefalonian spinach, herb and feta filo pie @ £6.35 per 400g (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Eynsham blackberry and Eynsham apple [email protected] £6.00 (plenty for 2, enough for 3) (order fresh or frozen)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 13th September
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 14th September, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.