Monday 27th August 2018
- So, we (Eynsham Butchers and Cornucopia), have had a lot of interest in our “cut and cook” series – if you haven’t already booked but would like to please do – numbers are limited as we both have small premises…
- Lovely plump fresh figs are on the shelves from Turkey – have you tried, cutting in half, grilling until squidgy, popping a teaspoon of honey on top and eating with a bit of ricotta?
Worth the risk 🙂
- Should you find yourself with a plum surplace – here is Nigel Slater waxing lyrical about them with a couple of recipes, and one of my favourite torte recipes.
Cooking this week:
- Tomato and basil soup @ £2.75 per 450ml (dairy, wheat and gluten free)(order fresh or frozen)
- Moussaka @ £6.45 per 450g (made with a rich ground lamb sauce, layered with aubergines and topped with traditional yogurt sauce) (gluten, wheat free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Sweet and sour chicken with cashews @ £6.50 for 390g (made with diced Sutton Hoo chicken in a sweet and sour sauce with peppers, courgettes and cashews) (dairy free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Veggie moussaka @ £6.45 per 450g (made with oyster mushrooms, aduki beans and tomato, layered with aubergines and topped with traditional yogurt sauce) (gluten, wheat free) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Profiteroles filled with Jersey double cream and topped with dark chocolate @ £3.95 for 4
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 30th August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 31sAugust, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.