Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 20th August 2018
- The home grown tomato season is now in full swing. I have just seen this recipe for a tomato tart tatin from Felicity Cloake – it looks delicious and I find her “how to make the perfect” recipes always work. Looking for ideas to use your tomatoes – this may help.
- Do you find that you occasionally have a few strawberries and raspberries in the fridge that spoil before you get round to eating them? Why not mash them with a fork, add a tiny bit of sugar to taste and freeze in ice cube trays or appropriate sized containers – excellent coulis for ice-cream, tarts etc….
Cooking this week:
- Mutton slowly cooked with aubergines, capers and green olives @ £6.55 for 450g (gluten, wheat and dairy free) (order fresh or frozen)
- Cornucopia fish pie @ £6.95 for 550g (made with fresh market fish and topped with creamy parsley mash) (can be gluten, wheat and dairy free, please ask) (order fresh or frozen)
- Stuffed red peppers filled with short grain brown and wild rice, caramelised shallots, sundried tomatoes, feta and pine nuts @ £6.35 for 1 pepper (wheat, gluten free) (order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Portuguese custard tarts @ £2.95 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 23rd August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 24th August, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.