Monday 13th August 2018
- Now that temperatures are cooler, I certainly have more energy to think about planning for the coming weeks. So, what’s occurring at Cornucopia this coming September:
Saturday 8th: Baking morning;
Thursday 13th: The first of the “Cut and Cook” series, in collaboration with Eynsham butchers;
Thursday 27th: “pop in” for lunch or dinner, with a revamped lunch offer.
- If your veg garden has an abundance of courgettes, tomatoes and cucumbers and you’re looking for some new recipes how about these: courgette and halloumi salad; tomato salad with coriander and cumin; Ukrainian cucumber salad.
Has your coriander gone to seed? Try using the seeds when green in your cooking – throw into a salad, stir fry or south east Asian curry – they are explosions of deliciousness and well worth freezing.
Cooking this week:
Apologies for this weeks limited choice of meals – the offer will be back to normal next week
- Chicken tarragon @ £6.55 for 365g (strips of chicken breast cooked in white wine, stock and tarragon with ahint of lemon and finished with creme fraiche) (gluten free)
- Puy lentil, artichoke and hazlenut ragout @ £6.35 for 450g (wheat, gluten and dairy free)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Rosewater meringues – various sizes from £1.25 each depending on size
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 16th August
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 17th August, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.