Monday 2nd July 2018
- Carnival weekend approaches – start it with a flourish and join us at the “pop up” wine bar this Friday.
The Cellars will be showing off some of their new wines, while the kitchen will be serving delicious kebabs – you know it makes sense….
- Thanks to all who came to the “pop in” for lunch and dinner – the hake seems to have been the highlight of the menu for many. The next one will be Thursday the 27th of September.
- The next tranche of cooking classes start in September.
Morning of Baking, Saturday 8th September;
Cut and cook (new), starting on Thursday 13th September;
Either Cooking like Yotam/seasonal cooking or South East Asian food – which ever is the most popular will run. Tuesday 2nd October.
Interested, get in touch to book or for more info..
- Finally, this is a Sutton Hoo chicken week, get in touch if you would to order one.
Cooking this week:
- Courgette, lemon and thyme soup @ £2.75 for 450ml (great served hot or cold) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten and wheat free)
- Chicken basque @ £6.55 for 400g (chicken on the bone, baked with tomato, peppers, chorizo, olives, orange (order fresh or frozen) (dairy free)
- Three bean basque @ £6.15 for 450g (as above but beans and smoked paprika replacing chicken and chorizo)(dairy free)
- A selection of salads, ideal to have in the fridge for carnival (date and orange coleslaw – £3.50 for 450ml, tabouleh £4.00 for 450ml, broad bean with lemon mint and parsley £4.75 for 450ml)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Gooseberry fool @ £2.95 per pot
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 5th July
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 6th July, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.