Cornucopia Cooks this week
Monday 18th June 2018
- Midsummer this weekend, what will you be eating?
How about a pea, broad bean and mint soup (served chilled), an all in one chicken dish cooked with spices, citrus and rice, followed by rosewater and pistachio meringues and summer berries…..
- The last “pop in” for lunch and dinner for a couple of months is on Thursday 28th June.
Check out the menu and let me know if you would like to book – next one will be September…..
- Looking for “gourmet” sandwich fillings? Look no further – they all look delicious.
Cooking this week:
- Rendang sauce @ £5.50 / 450ml (coconut, lemon grass and spices, delicious with fish, beef, chicken, courgettes and broad beans, etc etc…) (order fresh or frozen) (gluten and dairy free)
- Lamb and apricot pie @ £6.55 for 400g (lamb cooked slowly with rosemary, apricots and a hint of orange, topped with shortcrust pastry. Can be ordered as a dairy and gluten free casserole) (order fresh or frozen)
- Chicken or cod rendang @ £6.45 for 375g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken on the bone or chunks of cod) (order fresh or frozen)(dairy, gluten and wheat free )
- Oyster mushroom, cashew, spring onion, ginger and soy dish @ £6.35 for 375g (order fresh or frozen) (vegan)(can be gluten and wheat free on request)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Elderflower and gooseberry pleasure pot @ £2.95 per pot (Greek style yoghurt, stewed Witney Road gooseberries and Chilbridge elderflower cordial)
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 21st June
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 22nd June, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.