Monday 21st May 2018
- This week is “pop in” for lunch or dinner week. Why not treat yourself to a relaxing Thursday evening meal before embarking on any bank holiday activities you may have lined up. Take a look at the menu before hand to get your taste buds going 🙂
- It seems as if summer is here for the time being. I found this blog from a few years ago for a delicious picnic with recipes – in the mood for some cooking and alfresco eating – look no further.
Here are a couple of Nigel Slater recipes to add to the mix….
Cooking this week:
- Bolognaise sauce @ £4.75 for 450ml (gluten, wheat and dairy free) (lovely with pasta, baked potato or as a base for lasagna, made with beef and pancetta)
- Preserved lemon and pomegranate tagine @ £6.45 per 400g (made with Sutton Hoo chicken cooked on the bone) (order fresh or frozen)(gluten and dairy free)
Add some herby, citrusy couscous – £1.95 per generous portion
- Sausage, sweet peppers, tomato and mushroom pasta bake, with a crunchy Parmesan topping @ £6..00 for 500g (order fresh or frozen)
- Puy lentil, asparagus, broad bean and hazelnut ragout @ £6.45 for 400g (vegan)(order fresh or frozen)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Eynsham rhubarb and ginger oaty crumble @ £5.95 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 24th May
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 25th May, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.