Monday 7th May 2018
- Thank you to all who came to the wine bar last Friday. I think it’s fair to say the evening was lively, with a great atmosphere. Next one pops up on Friday the 1st of June.
- The menu for the next “pop in” for lunch or dinner , Thursday 24th May, will be decided by the end of this week. Do you have a dish you would like to see on the menu? If so, do let me know.
- Asparagus season is here. How do you like yours? With hollandaise sauce, dipped in a duck egg or wrapped in pancetta and grilled? Here are a few asparagus pointers.
Cooking this week:
Please note there will be no cooking from the Cornucopia kitchen next week.
- Sundried tomato and roasted red pepper sauce @ £5.00 for 450ml (gluten, wheat and dairy free) (lovely with pasta, grilled sausages, chick peas or butter beans, fish or chicken)
- Cornucopia fish pie @ £6.65 per 500g (made with fresh market fish from sustainable supply, topped with creamy mash potato) (order fresh or frozen)
- Asparagus and pancetta risotto @ £6.25 for 400g (gluten, wheat free)
- Veggie lasagna with puy lentils, purple sprouting, 3 cheeses and much more @ £6.00 for 400g (vegan)(plenty of crunchy veg and fragrant Thai flavours)
- “Luxury” Sausage Rolls @ £2.50 each (order fresh or frozen)
- Dauphinoise potatoes @ £5.50 each (plenty for 2, enough for 3)(order fresh or frozen)(gluten free)
- Eynsham rhubarb and ginger pleasure pot @ £2.75 each
If you don’t see anything you fancy, but would like a quick fix, check out what I have in the freezer.
If you have a specific dish in mind, let me know, I may be able to make it for you this week, and with notice can (in most cases) add it to a future weeks cooking list.
- All foods are freshly made by me, using fresh and where possible local ingredients and suppliers,
- If you have any food intolerances or allergies, let me know and I may be able to omit/substitute certain ingredients – all shortcrust pastry can be dairy and or gluten free if pre-ordered.
All orders in by 9am Thursday 10th May
If you miss the deadline, give me a call or call into the shop on Thursday….
To order call Sandy on 07551876285 or email [email protected]
(If you email, your order will be confirmed by email, but please leave a telephone contact number).
Payment by cash or bacs (Barclays bank. Sort code: 20 65 18. account number: 40242438), (or with credit/debit card in person for sales over £10.00)
Collection is from 1 High Street,Friday 11th May, between 3.00pm and 5.00pm
If this time does not suit you, let me know and we can arrange an alternative time or collection point.